BEFORE YOU START
BUILD YOUR TEAM
GET READY FOR LAUNCH
ADVANCED SCHEDULING WORKFLOWS
EXPLORE SMARTFORM QUESTIONNAIRES
EXPLORE REPORTING TOOLS
EXPLORE INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
RAPID CHARTING WORKFLOWS
ADVANCED DISPENSARY WORKFLOWS
TASK LIST MANAGEMENT
CUSTOMIZE YOUR OUTSMART EXPERIENCE
SOAP / MEDICAL CHART
In This Article:
An access code is a 4-word code that is provided by your practitioner. It gives you access to forms or medical records.
An Access Code is a 4-word code that is provided by your practitioner, either before your first visit (via e-mail, phone, or sms), or during your visit.
The purpose of an Access Code is to give you access to Questionnaires, Treatment Plans, Documents, Appointment history, etc.
For security reasons, is it strongly advised that you redeem your access codes as soon as you get them. Leaving an access code lying around can potentially give an unauthorized person access to your information. If you lose your access code, immediately contact your practitioner so that they can cancel it and issue you a new code.
A SmartForm Access Code is a code that is usually sent to you immediately upon booking an appointment with your practitioner. Using this code will unlock your access to one or more forms that your practitioner wants you to fill our prior to the visit. This code will not give you access to your medical records – only a questionnaire. Once you attend your appointment, you can ask your practitioner for a Medical Records Access Code, which you can use in the same way to unlock access to your medical data.
If you want to gain access to your medical data and have been provided an access code by your practitioner, you must use it immediately. Access Codes for medical records are only valid for 5 days after having been issued. If your Medical Records Access Code has expired, you will need to obtain a new one from your practitioner.
Your practitioner may send you your access code via e-mail, text message, or provide you a printed instruction sheet during your visit. Below is an example of an instruction sheet that may be provided to you.
If you received an access code for intake forms or other medical data from your practitioner, here is how to use it.
If you have received an Access Code from your practitioner via e-mail, text message, or on a printed page, you can redeem this access code on the patient portal to gain access to the information associated with that code. Here is how you can do that.
Example of access code send by e-mail
1. You must have a patient portal account in order to access your forms. go to www.smartnd.ca/login to create an account, or log into an existing account.
Login or Create an account.
2. If you need to create an account, click on “Create a free account now” and create your patient portal account. Make sure to create a Patient account, not a Practitioner account.
Account Creation – Ensure to select “I am a Patient”
3. After creating your account, log into your patient portal account using the e-mail address and password selected during account creation.
1. Once you are logged into your Patient Portal account, enter the access code into the provided Access Code area, and then click on “Submit”:
Enter your access code.
2. Once you submit your Access Code, ensure that the proper person is selected at the top left of the screen, and then click on the SmartForm Intake Form you want to fill out.
You now have access to your intake forms or medical data!
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login